Futures Unlimited, Inc. has been meeting the needs of business, industry and community for over 50 years as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Illinois. Our mission is to assist individuals in Livingston County as they achieve independence and develop the skills needed to live and work successfully in their community.
In the mid 1960's, a group of Livingston County parents initiated an effort to establish work and training opportunities for adults with a variety of physical, developmental and mental disabilities. In July of 1970, the Pontiac Chamber of Commerce organized a Board of Directors and Futures Unlimited, Inc. was established.
By the summer of 1971, there were sixteen (16) persons working at the center and learning new independent living skills. Futures would later relocate in 1979 to their present site on Torrance Avenue.
In the ensuing years, hundreds of people throughout Livingston County have built Futures into a comprehensive training center with twelve distinct programs serving over 350 persons per year. Futures began with a few employees and a modest budget of about $30,000. Futures Unlimited now employs 108 staff with an annual operating budget of over $5,000,000. We serve children and adults with developmental disabilities, mental illness, autism, seizure disorders, drug and alcohol abuse disorders, traumatic brain injuries and other conditions that make it challenging for them to live and work independently.
Futures Unlimited, Inc. is also a manufacturing facility. We offer work opportunities for people with disabilities by providing outsourcing, managed services, and production services to other companies. The last ten years we have consistently achieved approximately 1.5 million dollars in gross sales. Business partners include major and global companies.
- Futures Unlimited, Inc. is CARF accredited.
- Futures Unlimited, Inc. is certified to ISO 9001:2015 standards by TÜV Rheinland
We are an equal opportunity provider and employer and adhere to following policies.
- Futures Unlimited, Inc. is committed to providing quality services in a manner that protects your individual rights and confidentiality. You and staff develop an individual service plan based on your choices and decisions.
- Futures Unlimited, Inc. does not discriminate in admission, access to, treatment or employment in programs or activities on the basis of a handicap in violation of section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Futures Unlimited, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, order of protection status, hairstyle, military status or unfavorable military discharge.
- Futures Unlimited, Inc. operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes that she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file within 180 days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence.
For information on our nondiscrimination obligations or how to file a complaint, please contact Futures Unlimited, Inc. by any of the methods listed below. If this information is needed in another language, please contact us.
Phone: (815) 842-1122
Email: email@example.com or visit our administrative office at:
Futures Unlimited, Inc
210 E Torrance Ave.
Pontiac, IL 61764
Click on the following link if you believe you need to file a complaint. Title VI Complaint form
Board of Directors
Futures Unlimited, Inc. is governed by a Board of Directors from Livingston County.
Brad Gulliford- Fairbury
MaLinda Hillman - Pontiac
Kevin McNamara - Dwight
Laura Baumgardner - Pontiac
Ella Bellot - Saunemin Sarah Duffy - Pontiac Dan Fry - Pontiac Brian Gabor - Pontiac
Kevin McNamara - Dwight Larry Martell - Ancona Ryan Rafferty - Fairbury
John Bellot - Saunemin
Clint Conway - Flanagan
Jim Drengwitz - Pontiac
Chad Frank - Pontiac
Kay Hammer - Fairbury
Alberta Kinate - Forrest
Collins Miller - Pontiac Dr. Heather Schweizer - Florida